Sailor Code of Conduct
All sailors must read this...
This Code of Conduct represents the most important ideals and guidelines to follow in order to have the most fun during your summer sailing experience.
Simply stated, it is an agreement by all sailors to:
- Be on time for lessons.
- Attend regularly.
- Sail for fun and the love of the sport. Enjoy yourself.
- Be cooperative, supportive and respectful of other people and their property at all times.
- Listen to and follow your instructors' directions.
- Listen, ask questions, and watch others to see how you can better your skills.
- Participate 100% in daily activities.
- Study and sail within the Right of Way rules.
- Be a team player - get along with your classmates.
- Be considerate in success and failure, victory or defeat. (be a good sport).
- Use good language – the use of profanity, obscene language, or obscene gestures is not permitted.
- Remember that your actions both on and off the water reflect upon you and your sailing club.
- NEVER participate in any physical violence, fighting etc. under any circumstances.
- NEVER participate in any illegal activity, including possession or consumption of any illegal substances, or the supply of such substances, the supply of alcohol or tobacco to minors, stealing or destruction of property of any kind, conduct of a gross, obscene or loud nature.
- Loud or excessive noise which may result in the disturbance of other participants, other marine users or members of the public is not permitted.
- The display of any material, signage and/or wearing of any article of clothing bearing profane, suggestive or improper words or designs is prohibited.
Last updated 5:30pm on 21 April 2020